The Core Infra team at Eightfold is responsible for building and maintaining the low levels of our stack - everything from Search, Databases, Machine Learning Infrastructure, Data Warehouse, Developer Platform, and Application Infrastructure.
What you will do (or learn to do):
- Diagnose and solve problems that can arise in a complex distributed environment.
- Build our application stack on AWS. Our platform is used by millions of users and processes terabytes of data and our team supports a multitude of services that leverage this data.
- Build out containerized microservices and support the deployment and operations of our product across multiple environments.
- Work on application and infrastructure security. We support customers all over the world, including governments and enterprises, and help them meet strict security standards.
What you should already know:
- Solid foundation in Linux and troubleshooting.
- 2-5 years of experience writing secure, scalable code.
- Good fundamentals of Distributed systems, and experience in hosting/managing services.
- Familiarity with DevOps and SRE principles. We are tools-agnostic and often build our own, or extend existing tools and services.
Good to have:
- Experience owning significant pieces of cloud infrastructure on providers like AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience building or contributing to open source projects.
Our tech stack:
We majorly use and are not limited to the below technologies. Also, we hire engineers coming with experience in any of the mainstream programming languages.
Python, Flask, Tensorflow, SQL, Bash, Ansible
Apache Spark, Solr, Mysql, Docker
Major AWS services like Aurora, S3, Redshift, Cloudformation, SNS, SQS, etc
Eightfold was founded with a vision to solve for employment in our society. For decades, the connection between individuals and opportunities has been based on who the individuals are and the strength of their network, vs. their potential. Eightfold leverages artificial intelligence to transform how to think about skills and capabilities for individuals as well as how jobs and career decisions are made. Eightfold offers the industry’s first AI-powered Talent Intelligence Platform to transform how organizations plan, hire, develop and retain a diverse workforce, enabling individuals to transform their careers.
We secured a $220M Series E funding round, led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund in June 2021. Thus, we’ve raised more than $400 million in funding to date, including $350 million in the last six months. We’re valued at over $2 Billion this time from $1 Billion a few months ago. Our valuation doubled within a few months.
Eightfold.ai is led by Ashutosh Garg, a PhD in Machine Learning/IIT Delhi alumni who managed Search and Personalization at Google, and Varun Kacholia-IIT Bombay alumni, who led the News Feed Ranking team at Facebook and developed YouTube Search at Google.
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.