At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
Due to Deputy's success and growth around the world and our goal to deliver faster with high quality, we're seeking a Software Engineer in Test to ensure we keep growing into an extraordinary team delivering more of what our customers love.
You will focus on the efficient and effective development of Deputy's product and services, ensure we release the highest quality software quickly and push the team to be world class. You will be key to driving a quality centric, rapid iteration culture.
You will have a growth mindset and always be on the lookout for better ways to do things. This is an amazing opportunity for you to be at the forefront of creating a world-class delivery and development function.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architect and build robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Build and maintain tooling to facilitate testing across environments
- Implement strategies and tools to measure and report on coverage
- Test for scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance
- You'll write White-Box tests (component and Integration) and Black-Box tests (API, UI and E2E)
- You will define test plans, test specifications, test suites, and test cases
- You'll work with your team to ensure extensive unit test coverage of the code
- Partner with other engineers (including developers) to improve and automate test and release processes
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best development practices
- Communicate with product and technical stakeholders
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
- You will be an exceptional communicator with an emphasis on collaboration with others
- You work with Engineers, Product Managers, and Discipline Heads to drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies
- You have the utmost integrity, be open and honest, have a growth mindset and not be afraid to speak your mind when it is in the best interest of Deputy
- You're balanced, both personally and professionally, who acts with good humour and positivity
- Consistently question the value of what we are doing and why we are doing it. Is this the right thing for Deputy?
- Be a customer advocate
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Ideally 4+ years software engineering experience in an agile environment
- Experience with setting up test frameworks, automation tools, static and dynamic code analysis from scratch.
- Passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD with Jenkins.
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience with API (REST Web Services) automation and microservices.
- Quick learner with passion for keeping abreast of latest technology and finding the best approach to solving testing problems
- You have a combination of in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance and Software Engineering principles and practices
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.