We’re looking for an analyst who is eager to join a fast growing SaaS company and be part of a high impact Strategic Finance & Ops team.
The Strategic Finance & Ops team’s mission is to enable hypergrowth by helping Deputy employees #owntheirshift. The team sits at the center of Deputy. It’s key objective is to cut across traditional functional boundaries to help the Senior Leadership Team set the strategic vision for the company and translate that vision into an actionable operational and financial plan.
We partner with all parts of the organization to plan and track performance. We also support our stakeholders with data-driven insights that will help them and the business achieve hypergrowth in a capital efficient way.
If you want to grow your career and make an impact by enriching the lives of business owners who employ over 2 billion shift workers around the world - then this is the job for you.
The Skill Set
- You have a keen analytical mind and demonstrated financial modeling skills you have likely acquired in your 1 - 3 years of experience at a top-tier investment bank, VC, consulting firm,
or prior strategic finance, commercial finance or financial planning
- You are able to understand and analyze the levers that drive a company’s long-term financial trajectory
- You are able to zoom in and out of the details. You love to roll up your sleeves and model the financial impact from entering a new market or vertical for example. You are also able to put down your tools, zoom out and explain your findings to your collaborators and a senior audience
- You are able to work with the rest of the strategic finance team to manage the annual strategic planning process from inception to completion
- You are able to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- You have strong business acumen, and can solve problems creatively by making commercial judgements
- You are able to assist with the preparation of Board and Investor relations materials
- You are able to assist with operating cadence including Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews and Annual Planning
- Nice to have: You have prior experience in a fast growing SaaS / Tech company and / or working with Go To Market leaders (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success)
Within 60 days, you'll
- Successfully completed your onboarding plan
- Met 1:1 and established strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Dived deep into the Deputy Operating Model to understand our business model and our revenue and costs levers
- Understood our key metrics, their definitions and the go to Deputy employees who can help provide commentary on our performance for those
- Developed a list of potential improvements to our strategic finance models, presentations and processes. We love continuous improvement
- Be collaborating with the Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to help them with their 2022 OKRs
Within 180 days, you'll
- Helped with the company’s operating cadence including meeting with Go To Market leaders monthly to discuss their performance vs. the annual plan
- Drive operational excellence by helping choose an FP&A tool and scope its implementation to add to our existing ERP, NetSuite
- Implementing the improvements to our strategic finance systems and process that you would have previously identified
- Be working with your Manager to plan for your next 6 months of success
Within 365 days, you'll
- Proven success and established yourself as an essential member of both the Strategic Finance team, and all of Deputy in general
- Helped hit and exceeded your team and the company’s goals
- Be working autonomously to prepare materials for our Senior Leadership Team ( such as Quarterly Business Review, Monthly Business Review materials)