At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
Although we are predominantly a Sydney based company, we are totally happy for someone to be based anywhere in Australia & work fully remotely.
We are looking for a Lead GRC and Risk professional to own and manage Deputy’s Governance, Risk and Compliance Programs during our next stage of growth. The Lead Consultant for Security GRC and Privacy will have a strong ability to influence and establish close relationships with key business stakeholders across the organisation in order to manage the overall governance framework, support compliance and privacy initiatives and manage Deputy’s security and technology risks within Deputy’s risk appetite.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
Like many roles in startups, this is a varied position that will work across all aspects of GRC and Privacy. Deputy is growing in Australia, the US and Europe and our compliance needs cover domains such as ISO27001, PCI, GDPR, NIST and the Secure Controls Framework. Deputy is an ISO27001 and PCI Compliant company, and this role will have ownership of maintaining these programs, as well as leading Governance and Risk Management processes throughout the business. We also want to grow into SOC and CSA Star - there’s a lot going on, and more you can ask us about in the interview.
Our trust team is rapidly expanding!Trust is the team responsible for ensuring that the Deputy platform lives up to the high expectations of the millions of people using it everyday.
This is your chance to help build the security and privacy team culture you’ve always wanted to work in.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You have strong experience in information security fundamentals, you have been working in the industry for a number of years, and are looking for the next step.
- You are comfortable working with other areas of the business, we are a small team, you’ll need to influence rather than rely on authority.
- You have strong presentation and written documentation skills, working together requires telling a story everyone can understand.
- You are comfortable with unfamiliarity, you are ready to learn, and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You are experienced with Information Security Management Frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST and PCI. Ideally you have ISO27001 Auditor experience or have led companies through ISO27001 audits.
HIGHLY REGARDED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Experience with PCI-DSS Certification, either as a practitioner or an auditor.
- Experienced with GDPR Compliance programs and information privacy, including privacy by design, and privacy impact assessments.
- Experience with Supplier Management and Supplier Risk Assessment
- Familiarity or experience working with high-tech cloud SaaS companies, or fast growing startups.
- Management or Team Leadership qualities.
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.