At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
We’re looking for a high-energy, passionate communications professional who is ready to help us make sure that our internal messaging at all levels is a shining example of operational excellence.
As the Internal Communications Lead, your role will vary day-to-day – ranging from building out company-wide communications on behalf of the Senior Leadership team to collaborating with the People team and other stakeholders across the organisation on messaging for internal campaigns or global initiatives like our DE&I week.
Primarily, you will be responsible for the development, execution, and results of all internal communications across the company. In particular you will own the monthly Global All Hands Meeting and our Internal Newsroom.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, English, or related writing-intensive field ideal or equivalent work experience as per below.
- 3+ years experience in internal or external communications.
- Great written communication skills and the ability to adapt style to suit different audiences, channels, and purposes.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills, with senior and executive stakeholders.
- Ability to create engaging digital content.
- Ability to create, develop, and execute communication plans to support large or complex projects.
- Experience with Canva or similar image/ video editing software.
- Experience using WordPress / Storyblok software.
- Experience using Prezly or a similar EDM style system.
- Experience posting and using Facebook and other social media channels.
- Experience in a high growth tech startup environment is ideal.
- Proactive and takes responsibility for projects with tight timelines and deadlines.
- A team player and enthusiastic about collaboration with peers.
- Ability to multitask, while being highly organised, and juggling multiple work streams while supporting tactical needs for the team.
Within 60 Days, You’ll
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and engage with key subject matter experts.
- Maintain our internal newsroom to ensure content is dynamic, engaging and current and reflects the company culture.
- Support the PR & Communications Director with external communications.
- Support project teams to bring internal initiatives to life.
- Support planning and implementation of internal workshops, conferences, and development sessions. Assist with generating content and creating presentations for senior leaders and facilitators.
- Run your first two All Hands meetings.
Within 180 Days, You’ll
- Research, build and produce technically accurate, engaging communications for the organisation across multiple media formats. (videos, podcasts etc).
- Work with the Extended Leadership team and Senior Leadership team to put together a calendar of communications and seamless process for posting important company news to the Deputy newsroom.
- Manage and deliver regular communications through a variety of channels, including developing consistent key messages and content via newsletters, internal newsroom content and events.
Within 365 Days, You’ll
- Be a trusted member of the communications team, with excellent relationships with the executive team and senior leadership.
- Be developing a strategy for a communications framework that demonstrates an understanding of the business's strategic objectives and priorities.
- Drive employee engagement by promoting a shared understanding of the company culture.
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.