At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
Our team is looking for a Global Payroll Manager in San Francisco to lead global payroll functions. The Global Payroll Manager oversees payroll administration including monitoring all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives. You will own the systems necessary to process payroll and manage equity. The ideal candidate is forward thinking, analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. Your goal will be to ensure payroll procedures are current, compliant and efficient.
- Partners closely with HR team members to coordinate employee compensation updates, new hires, separations, and data changes.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with country, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Works cross functionally with the People and Finance teams, providing expertise on payroll matters.
- Prepares and reviews global payroll data. Bi-weekly for the U.S., monthly for International.
- Gathers information on hours worked for each employee and manages workflow to ensure all timesheets are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconciles payroll prior to transmission and validates confirmed reports.
- Prepares and lodges payroll tax, superannuation and pension requirements in respective regions.
- Conducts routine payroll audits to ensure accuracy of information.
- Be a key participant in streamlining our payroll systems and finding solutions to integrate with Netsuite.
- Assists with payroll requests for the year end audit.
- 4+ years of proven experience as a payroll manager or similar role
- 2+ years of proven experience in a Global payroll capacity
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws in the U.S.
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes (preferably in the U.K. and Australia)
- Experience scaling payroll systems and procedures for a fast-growing global organization
-Employee Stock Ownership
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-Annual Development Budget
-Fully Paid Health benefits (for individuals)
-Commuter Reimbursement Program
-Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.