At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
We’re looking for a new Senior Manager to join our Global Marketing & Communications team. Think it’s you?
Responsible for coordinating and leading all public relations activities for America, the person coming into this role will need a passion for impacting the state of shift work across the United States and beyond.
You’re a communications expert with an eagle eye for what resonates in the market and a knack for ghostwriting for stakeholders. You know how to use the resources you have to demand attention from the media that always positions Deputy in a favorable light — and increase our share of voice at the same time.
Leveraging your network, savvy, skills, and Deputy’s data and insights, you’ll ensure that key members of the executive leadership are positioned as thought-leaders. You’ll be integral in shaping conversations about workforce policies, the future of work, the gig economy, and human resource trends.
You love the fast-paced, agile-natured world of high-growth technology companies and perform at your best when you have deadlines to meet and multiple stakeholders to manage across multiple time zones. You work smart to ensure you maximize the outcomes/results of everything you do over keeping busy with activities that yield no return on the time you have invested.
The skill set
- 6+ years experience in a public relations, media, or journalism-related field at high growth startups
- A mix of hands-on execution and strategic leadership, this person should be as comfortable executing campaigns and strategies as they are building them
- Has owned a scalable budget — and knows how to make the most out of it
- A data-driven storyteller who is expert at crafting newsworthy hooks that journalists and newsrooms can easily transform into headlines
- Excellent writing skills and a creative mindset
- Broad knowledge of the Tech and B2B public relations sectors
- Comfortable using public relations technology platforms such as Muck Rack and Prezly
- Comprehensive knowledge of workforce policies in the United States such as Fair Workweek laws and the ability to navigate compliance-related communications with confidence
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in their approach to making decisions
- The ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization
- The initiative to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance with tenacity and accountability to drive results
- Naturally inspires trust and followership in others through compelling influence, powerful charisma, and passion for the company values
Within 30 days, you'll
- Work with the global communications team to bring to life campaigns that distribute company, customer, and product news, secure media coverage, and highlight speaking opportunities
- Form relationships with journalists and others that will increase the awareness of our company and brand
- Be defining the ongoing strategy for public relations and communications in the United States
- Conduct research to validate strategic plans and ideation in order to ensure successful media pick-up of campaigns and initiatives
- Deliver earned media placements in local, national, and trade media publications
- Increase Deputy’s share of voice against our competitors in the US media
- Launch PR-led campaigns for the US
Within 180 days, you'll
- Leverage your contacts (as well as newly minted ones) in the media to build strong relationships with journalists, analysts, and industry commentators for Deputy
- Manage and develop processes and systems to support effective communications across the region
- Position our senior leaders as subject matter experts within the media landscape
- Establish a reputation in newsrooms as a go-to resource for relevant subjects and trending topics in the media related to the shift work economy
- Leverage strategic relationships with organizations like The Shift Project and The US Chamber of Commerce to create unique bespoke commentary, such as whitepapers and reports
- Build additional partnerships that will elevate Deputy’s brand awareness and credibility
Within 360 days, you'll
- Establish repeatable programs and have a content calendar that can be executed through a growing team of specialists reporting to you.
- Create a framework by which your growing team of PR Specialists are able to leverage our product news, company news, and Deputy insights during your daily news-jacking activities
- Insert our voice strategically into public conversations where Deputy is able to add value and build a public perception of being an industry leader
-Employee Stock Ownership
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-Annual Development Budget
-Fully Paid Health benefits (for individuals)
-Commuter Reimbursement Program
-Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.