At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As the Sewing Room Supervisor at WHOOP you will manage our Apparel sample room and participate in the design and prototyping process of technical garments and accessories created for the enhancement of sports and fitness.
This position will be in-person at the WHOOP sample room space in Boston. Applicants must currently reside or be open to relocation to the Greater Boston Area in order to be considered.
This role reports to the VP of Apparel and Accessories
- Study working sketch, specifications, and construction details of the garment to be made.
- Manage the sample room staff (stitchers and pattern makers) to ensure prototypes are made with high quality to and to spec to evaluate success of design.
- Plan the allocation of the sample room’s staff within the section.
- Ensure that fabrics, thread and trimmings are available to produce a sample garment.
- Understand the manufacturing process and experience in the use of industrial equipment.
- Ensure that quality working practice is applied when using cutting, making and pressing equipment and a safe working environment is maintained.
- Provide technical advice and support to R&D on the industrialization of new design & fitting approval for newly developed styles & during bulk production (to co-operate with R&D team & Factory).
- Previous management of Apparel production or sampling staff and operations
- Experience handling all types of garments, soft goods, and accessories to be able to consult and produce prototypes from sketches and discussions
- Strong communication skills to be able to discuss, debate, and brainstorm on construction and prototyping challenges
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility