Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
The Enterprise Systems Release Manager is responsible for the life cycle of Change Requests and deploying changes to Production. The Release Manager packages the implementation of a release in Git, merges with upstream work, resolves conflicts, coordinates tasks with the development team, maintains a pre/post deployment checklist and deploys to other sandboxes.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for source and version control tools including their use, function, processes and procedures
- Creating, implementing, and maintaining a standardized release process using industry best practices and adopting change management processes.
- Coordinating, managing, and executing weekly deployments into production
- Perform first-line triage for resolving deployment issues and coordinating fixes with the implementation team
- Defining processes for monitoring production releases and providing clear visibility into the status of releases in both production and sandbox environments
- Providing release reports to the broader Enterprise Systems team and end user groups
- Conducting a post-implementation process that reviews whether the change has achieved the goals that were established for it and determines whether to keep the change or back it out.
- Create and implement best in class processes of IT governance including environment management, release management, source code control management, and deployment methodologies
- Plan, design, enforce, and audit policies and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems and data elements.
- Maintaining and enabling the team to use a CI/CD framework.
- Supports merge conflicts and maintains the health of source control from DevOps perspective.
- Logging, Monitoring, Alerting Deployment blocker/Issues and putting plans in place to mitigate future blockers.
- Communicate performance metrics and suggest plans for productivity and performance improvements.
What We're Looking For:
- 3 years of working experience in DevOps or a similar role.
- Hands-on experience with a version control Systems (Bitbucket, Git lab, Git or similar )
- Preferred Salesforce certifications: Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I, Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall projects, and all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, integration, user acceptance testing, maintenance
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.