At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
HashiCorp India Finance Center of Excellence:
HashiCorp has its Finance Centre of Excellence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India to help HashiCorp’s USA Headquarter and 15+ other countries where we have our legal entities. From India, we are independently handling / supporting multiple processes that include GL Accounting, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Revenue Accounting, Internal Controls, Payroll, Taxation, Travel Administration, FP&A, Reporting, etc.
About the role:
The Finance team is seeking a Senior Accountant - US GL Accounting in its Shared Service Center/ Center of Excellence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization in San Francisco, CA, USA. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities within an operating company and wants exposure to accounting and finance in a high growth technology company. A successful candidate thrives in a fast paced, high growth, and high energy environment. (Note: This is an onsite position t Hashicorp Noida office)
In this role you can expect to:
- Prepare the company’s monthly consolidation including the consolidated balance sheet, statement of income and statement of cash flows
- Coordinate with other processes teams like accounts receivable, accounts payable, employee expenses, etc.
- Prepare monthly flux file and provide variance analysis for the items over the threshold limit.
- Create, upload and post manual journal entries related to payroll, accruals, prepaid, reclass, taxation, and other ad hoc entries.
- Perform intercompany accounting and reconciliations.
- Weekly payments upload / Review on bank portal and get the approval from the authorised signatory.
- Evaluate financial transactions, and ensure appropriate account coding.
- Contribute to successful monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close.
- Calculate and review of quarterly Corporate tax accrual and markup plus Transfer Pricing Intercompany billing.
- Prepare and provide input data for monthly/quarterly/yearly direct or indirect tax fillings.
- Perform account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assist with the maintenance of internal controls and processes
- Coordinate with teams based out of San Francisco, CA, USA for transition of accounting processes to India and train the team.
- Regularly interact with US and International accounting vendors teams on a day to day basis.
- Manage the documentation - SOPs, Process Flows, Training videos and make improvements to them from time to time.
- Prepare the accounting manuals based on guidance received from managers and onshore counterparts.
- Tight control of AP function by reviewing the correct invoicing, payment batches for vendors ensuring accurate accounting and payment, closely watching early payment discount opportunities, cancellations, etc.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Assist with Auditors’ PBC requests
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- CA (Chartered Accountant) with at least 4 years of US & International Accounting experience or person having MBA Finance/M.Com/B.Com (Hons) qualification with at least 8+ years of International Accounting experience.
- Financial System implementation experience (was part of a team that implemented a system).
- Very high attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads.
- Willingness to work in flexible working hours with 2-3 hours of overlap with US team in San Francisco.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas locally and internationally and have very good understanding of inter-company accounting.
- Hands-on experience in preparation of Financial Statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements.
- Have experience in working in a technology company with headquarters in the USA supporting the Accounting process especially GL (Record to Report) and Accounts Payable.
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible in an ever changing and growing environment.
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite especially in MS Excel.
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus, must have worked on major ERP systems and good experience in other integrated financial accounting systems.
- Hands-on experience of Concur and Coupa will be an added advantage.#LI-Onsite
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.