Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Paper is looking for a Columbus City-based Senior Customer Success Manager to support 34,000 students in grades 3-12 at Columbus City Schools. As Columbus City Schools’ designated Senior CSM, you’ll guide Columbus City Schools to deploy Paper successfully and ensure the district continuously gains value from our products and services throughout the school year. You’ll be on campus regularly, meeting with administrators, teachers, and community groups to help the district adopt Paper successfully.
As a customer-focused company, Paper places importance on understanding the compelling needs and problems facing our customers. By helping address these problems, you will drive revenue retention and growth.
- Retain and grow the revenue for Columbus City Schools, owning net revenue retention.
- Develop a thoughtful understanding of Columbus City Schools and their core goals.
- Work on-site with customers to develop success plans that outline how Paper adoption will address their critical needs both immediately and in the future.
- Build relationships and network with key stakeholders on-site across Columbus City Schools school district to achieve successful execution of their objectives.
- Meet regularly with the district task force and school leaders on-site to ensure they are on track for success.
- Use Salesforce and Tableau to analyze Columbus City Schools’ data to identify, communicate, and act upon both risks and opportunities.
- Conduct periodic customer health checks and review customer health scores.
- Collaborate with Paper’s Onboarding, Technical Implementation, and marketing teams to set Columbus City Schools up for success on Paper.
- Serve as the voice of the Columbus City Schools community cross-functionally within Paper, providing feedback and insights internally.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to build customer references, craft case studies, and co-develop resources.
- 3+ Years in a customer-facing or Customer Success role within an enterprise software or software-as-a-service organization.
- Strong relationships across Columbus City Schools
- Strong experience in project and change management.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical, process-oriented mindset and a data-based approach to decision making and assessment.
- Strong “do-er” mentality with a hands-on, passionate, curious, persistent approach and the grit to get things done.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills in order to provide optimal business or technical solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with an ability to work cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external clients.
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and requests.
- Familiarity with public and private education systems, teachers/students.
- Familiarity with technology and fast-growth startups will be considered an asset.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Bi-annual company-wide meetups.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- 24/7 access to Paper for family members K-12.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.