Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Paper is looking to hire a Learning Manager, Sales to join our Sales Educational Leadership team. Members of Paper's educational team must be both organized and research-driven in their approach to training programs and development. The Learning Manager, Sales will help create Sales specific trainings, and will be responsible for assisting in delivering training initiatives and empowering the Sales team. The ultimate goal is to produce valuable learnings and certification programs that will benefit all Paper employees.
This position can be located in any geography in the United States.
- Works Directly with the Director of Educational Leadership and Learning Manager, Education to research, design and implement training programs across the Sales team.
- Maps out training plans and schedules and ensures flawless execution of training sessions.
- Assists in designing and delivering assessment & certification programs.
- Ensures that processes are understood and applied effectively across the teams.
- Uses feedback to continuously refine programs to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiencies in sales.
- Proposes new training that is in line with the strategy provided by teams and their team-specific needs.
- Collaborates across multiple departments on L&D initiatives.
- Assists in measuring the effectiveness and efficiencies of training programs and continues to evolve training initiatives that align with Paper’s strategic priorities.
- Leverages next-generation sales productivity tools to gain insights on best practices and ensure such practices are adopted across the teams and make the expected impact.
- Develops and delivers trainings that are aligned with best practices in sales productivity.
- Organizes and participates in feedback sessions, survey development and data collection.
- Cross-departmental consultation on best practices related to learning strategy and initiatives.
- 2+ prior sales experience
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs.
- Proven experience as an L&D specialist or similar role
- Bachelor's in Education or similar discipline
- Prior teaching experience, including developing curriculum and learning plans
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Passion for researching and learning techniques and best practices.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to multiple learning environments/platforms
Nice to have:
- Experience in EdTech considered an asset
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetup.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- 24/7 access to Paper for family members K-12.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.