Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
The Lead Platform Manager will report to the Platform Operations Manager and work alongside the Platform Managers while helping oversee the day-to-day operations of the Platform Managers. The Lead Platform Manager will play a pivotal role in advocating for the Platform Managers and empowering them to be stronger and more independent in their roles.
This role is for Internal candidates only.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Lead and work with the POM and service operations team with ongoing and new projects that enhance service delivery on the Platform by collaborating with various teams (service management, product, teaching and learning, and others as needed).
- Support the identification and prioritization of the most impactful work needed to make the PM role more efficient and fulfilling.
- Maintain overall quality assurance amongst the PM team ensuring practices are consistent across the board.
- Create and update weekly Platform Manager schedules and daily PM shift assignments.
- Provide administrative support to Platform Managers, providing tutor punch in/out requests, maintain SuperUser and Tutor Manager Platform profiles, and other administrative support, as needed.
- Update policies and procedures in existing documents as well as update and maintain the PM Communication Guide.
- Review AirTable and Zendesk reports for quality assurance.
- Assist with the PM hiring process by interviewing candidates in the second round and providing candidate input.
- Assist with the PM onboarding process by organizing onboarding resources and ensuring new hires complete all their necessary trainings.
- Work with POM on training and development initiatives for the PM team.
- Act as the designated on-call support for Platform Managers for overnights and weekends (after discussing a mutually agreeable schedule).
- Work alongside PMs to escalate P1 issues internally and lead streamlined communication with tutors.
- Recognize and report gaps in skills or overall tutor performance in collaboration with Tutor Career Managers and the Curriculum Team.
- Uphold and embody Paper’s mission, vision, and values.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6 months or more in the Platform Manager role
- 1-2 years of experience working in a supervisory, operational, or similar role, especially with front-line, customer-facing employees and teams
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and propose creative, efficient and effective solutions
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under direction from a Manager
- Proven ability to make informed, on-the-fly judgment calls
- Clear understanding of operational and leadership strategies and techniques
- Exceptional written & interpersonal communication
- Aptitude for critical-thinking and detail-oriented analysis
- Must be able to work full time (40 hours per week)
- Lead PM will be assigned to spend a minimum of 8-10 hours per week, or as needed, on the Platform on shift in order to identify and understand gaps in current processes.
- Willingness and availability to work non-traditional on-call support hours in support of our 24/7 model
Nice to have: (if needed)
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders of all ages and maturity levels; experience working with children or students an asset
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetup.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- 24/7 access to Paper for family members K-12.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.