Our offices are open for a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
As a Senior Product Manager for Search, you will be responsible for the development and optimization of our search engine aimed at surfacing relevant job opportunities to job seekers. You will directly lead improving our search technology (from search engine to reranking models) in order to drive better results for our job seekers. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact on our job seekers and get hands on with our core job search technology.
- 3-5 years combined product management, data science, or engineering experience
- You can write a basic SQL query and aren't afraid to dive into data
- Work with Executive, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, and Marketing teams to prioritize and launch improvements to our search technology.
- Become the domain expert in our underlying search technology - you'll be the point of contact for all products that depend on our search capabilities
- Ability to construct insightful questions, query, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Write specs, manage project execution, and define product rollout strategy and communications.
- Communicate product roadmap, learnings, advocate for new features, and write documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with AI/ML products
- Experience as a product or business leader, owning and driving business outcomes
- You can read and write pseudocode - you speak a common technical language
- Motivated Learner: You don't need to know everything, but you're resourceful and motivated - you're not afraid to relentlessly ask questions and absorb information from the experts around you.
- Communication: You are an excellent communicator who is able to effectively write, speak, educate, and persuade in a variety of contexts. You are comfortable with both synchronous and asynchronous communication.
- Collaborative: You work exceptionally well across engineering, product, analytics, sales, and marketing.
- Knows What's Important: You prioritize based on the business' needs and make smart tradeoffs to support key strategic objectives.
- Technical: You're not necessarily a former engineer or data scientist (a plus if you are!) but you're not scared of digging into the nitty-gritty. You know what's inside the black box and know how to improve it. You use your technical understanding to inform your product roadmap and drive business outcomes.
- Analytical: You possess a strong proficiency with analytics tools and platforms (such as Jupyter Notebooks, Periscope, Tableau, or other platforms) and use data to make product decisions, set priorities, and measure success.
- Leadership: You are effective at leading a cross-functional team without authority, driving execution and making team members more productive.
- Efficient: You build minimum viable products, measure, learn, and iterate in a fast- paced environment.
- Hands On: You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds every day when needed.
- Customer Centric: You focus on the customer experience, and business use cases, not simply building new features.
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Experience working on search engines and reranking models
- You've previously worked as a software engineer or data scientist
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. Privacy Notice:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice