Cribl unlocks the value of observability data.
Our products deliver choice and control over the rising volumes of telemetry data, enabling every organization to realize the value of all their observability data without limitation. Backed by the industry’s leading venture capitalists, including CRV, Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and IVP, our solutions are deployed across organizations of all sizes. Many of the biggest names in the most demanding industries trust Cribl to solve their most pressing observability needs.
At our core, we foster an inclusive, values-aligned culture where all belong. We believe in a remote-first operating model, empowering the flexibility to do your best work, wherever you are. We’re also growing rapidly, welcoming collaborative, curious, and motivated team members who are passionate about putting customers first.
Join the herd and unlock your opportunity.
As the Solutions Engineering Manager, you will oversee a team of Solutions Engineers and your goal will be to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Lead the Solutions Engineering team, reinforcing sales methodology and best practices, as well as ensuring proper use of CRM system
- Provide ongoing mentorship to SEs to teach technical and non-technical pre-sales techniques for securing new clients, managing customers, and account expansion to support upsell
- Continually assess and develop technical capabilities of each team member to ensure each SE reaches and maintains required technical knowledge to effectively perform their pre-sales duties
- Provide periodic performance reviews, assess skill sets, handle personal issues, and provide personal/professional development opportunities.
- Support Sales Rep + SE teams with their sales campaigns and customer management activities in order to ensure a high rate of success and achieve revenue targets, by assessing customer information, identify and address problem areas, formulate relevant solutions, and present solutions effectively.
- Deliver sales presentations, present technical information about Cribl’s products and services, and conduct product demonstrations
- Collaborate with Sales management to identify opportunities to improve upon and standardize best practices in SE/SR relationship
What You’ll Bring
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in presentations in person, via telephone, and through remote conferencing with executive level customers, direct reports, and the Cribl Leadership Team
- Ability to teach ways to identify new and existing opportunities through basic consultative selling methodology
- A history of successfully leading a technical pre-sales team that drives target attainment
- Must be able to lead a team and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual quota requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent AND 3-5 years of experience in a customer facing role OR equivalent combination or education and experience
- Proven self-starter with a motivated attitude to be able to manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a pleasant and professional attitude towards customers and co-workers
- Experience with Logs, Metrics, IT Operations and Security
- Background in Sales Engineering, Professional Services, or Support
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- Experience working remotely
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.