Cribl unlocks the value of observability data.
Our products deliver choice and control over the rising volumes of telemetry data, enabling every organization to realize the value of all their observability data without limitation. Backed by the industry’s leading venture capitalists, including CRV, Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and IVP, our solutions are deployed across organizations of all sizes. Many of the biggest names in the most demanding industries trust Cribl to solve their most pressing observability needs.
At our core, we foster an inclusive, values-aligned culture where all belong. We believe in a remote-first operating model, empowering the flexibility to do your best work, wherever you are. We’re also growing rapidly, welcoming collaborative, curious, and motivated team members who are passionate about putting customers first.
Join the herd and unlock your opportunity.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Director, Business Development and working within the broader go to market organization, the Business Development Manager is responsible for working alongside and developing great people as they are booking new business meetings for Sales through proactive inbound and outbound strategic prospecting. We are looking for this leader to be located on the West Coast.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Work closely with BDR Leadership to lead a team of exceptional business development professionals as a direct, first-line manager
- Develop actionable strategies to improve pipeline creation velocity and quality and ensure BDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing continuous coaching and feedback in recurring weekly 1:1s to ensure their development
- Manage and forecast quota attainment on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and develop your team’s outbound prospecting, qualification and pipeline creation skills
- Use Salesforce, Outreach and Looker to analyze patterns, optimize team performance and adjust output/activity
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new BDRs with BDR Leadership Team
- Partner closely with our sales team, marketing and enablement teams to drive delivery against company goals. Demand Generation to provide feedback on AQLs and campaigns. Enablement and Demand Generation to develop effective messaging to convert inbound interest into qualified pipeline. Sales and other members of BDR Leadership to identify areas of improvement and opportunity management and qualification processes
- Motivate team members through creative incentives
What You’ll Bring & Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of Business Development Reps
- Experience working for a high growth tech start-up
- A Demonstrated track record of pipeline generation results/previous experience selling complex software or SAAS solutions
- Demonstrated ability & previous experience recruiting, training and managing others
- Ability to maintain and foster relationships internally and externally
- Expert knowledge with Salesforce, Outreach and other tools in the tech stack
- Experience improving and innovating sales processes
- Strong business and tech acumen
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.