Are you a champion Engineering Manager? Do you love Python and leading engineering teams? Help us boost the SEON rocket ship as we assemble our super team of fraud-fighting heroes. 🚀
The Product and Software engineering department drives, oversees, coordinates, and executes the entire lifecycle of product development. It’s a huge job, which is why we break it down into objectives and task-oriented initiatives. That involves delegating to a bunch of teams, including the Admin, Scoring, Data Enrichment, AI, Growth, Onboarding, QA, DevOps, and more – all collaborating to build the best anti-fraud tool possible.
Data enrichment is our killer feature for fraud prevention. We’re ahead of anyone else in the game and constantly adding new data sources. That means the Data Enrichment team keeps its finger on the pulse of the latest techniques to gather info from single data points. Our new Company API will also gather B2B data sources for business due diligence. Your key challenge? Keeping the ecosystem stable, scalable, and cost-effective.
An Engineering Manager in our organization is people first, but comes with a strong Software Engineering background and engineering mindset to support multiple engineering teams and works closely with the VP of Engineering and CTO.
What you'll do:
- Enable our Data Enrichment team to grow with mentoring on both technical and non-technical skills with coaching & performance management.
- Conducting 1:1s, 360 feedback, driving team goals and objectives
- Participate in recruitment and scaling the team
- Collaborate with our engineering and product planning, resource and dependency management
- Lead the implementation of development process improvements to make the Data Enrichment team’s output more efficient
- Execute and delegate development tasks to achieve daily, weekly and monthly goals
- Work directly with Product Management and Technical Leads to explore and deliver the best value to our customers and provide visibility on the progress of ongoing projects
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure development is delivered on time and to a high quality
- Contribute to our in-house built real-time crawler application which is a core part of our data enrichment and fraud prevention solution
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Be a strong advocate for our engineering culture and encourage knowledge sharing
- Join the good fight to stop fraudsters worldwide!
What you bring:
- 2-4 years experience as an Engineering Manager applying best practices in leading engineering teams
- Strong leadership & organizational skills, leading with empathy and trust with the ability to give constructive feedback
- Fluent English communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge of Python
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics
- Willingness to build professional relationships with different stakeholders
- Experience with cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Strong Agile development methodology experience
- Ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Project Management experience
Experience in the following is a huge advantage:
- Web scraping/crawling techniques & best practices
- Experience in growing teams in a hyper-growth environment
- Experience in developing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications - fast-release cycles that support an existing user base
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Hybrid working
- Private health insurance inc. employee assistance & mental health support
- Flexible core hours
- Generous Vacation days & 3 extra Wellness Days
- Complimentary weekly English language courses, more languages coming soon
- Option to enroll in development courses that can add to your skillset
Sounds good? Great, we can’t wait to hear from you! Say hi 👋 and we'll guide you through the next steps. Wanna learn more about what it’s like to work at SEON first? 👉Here you go
The SEON journey has been unstoppable. 50 months in and we have grown from 2 to 250+ SEON Fraud Fighters, across Budapest, London, Austin, and Jakarta. With more hubs opening up in San Francisco, Singapore, we are on a mission to create a Fraud Free World. We raised a record breaking segment Series B in April 2022 and we were featured in TechCrunch as the largest B round for Hungary and now are recognised as the World’s quickest growing fraud prevention company. We are proud to continue to grow at pace, both in terms of helping the best online businesses and democratizing fraud-fighting!
Seon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on ethnicity, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)