Senior Data Analyst at Discord
San Francisco, CA, US
What you'll be doing
- Partner with our awesome Data, Product and Marketing teams to answer high-priority strategic questions. Here's a few examples:
- Given all our crazy ideas, what should we build next? Which features will have the highest impact and help us accomplish our goals more quickly?
- Deep dive on core product funnel usability and growth. Where can we improve the most?
- Where should we spend our partnership and marketing efforts? What are the most promising opportunities (international, mobile, etc.) for growing our brand?
- Define our user segments and identify areas where we can impact the business. Who are our most engaged users, and how can we acquire and retain more of them?
- Define KPIs for the company and build automated dashboards, reports, and models to enable teams at Discord to make better decisions
- Work with Product & Engineering to implement, validate, and monitor our logging and metrics
- Find actionable strategic insights through funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, regression models and more
- Run multivariate product experiments to help us drive growth, improve existing features, and identify new areas of opportunity
What you should have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- 4+ years work experience doing quantitative analysis (preferably in the tech industry) and proven track record of impacting business or product decisions
- Pro-level ability to synthesize and communicate complex concepts and analyses in simple, easy-to-understand ways
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (A/B testing, probability, regression) along with a healthy dose of skepticism
- Fluency in SQL. Extensive experience pulling highly dimensional and complex data, as well as modeling scenarios and sensitivity analysis using Excel
- Awesome attitude and a healthy dose of natural curiosity. Questions have to be answered and our data isn't just going to analyze itself. (We're working on that.)
- A love of gaming and familiarity with the games industry
- Understanding of machine learning, data science and/or at least one statistics package (i.e. SciPy, Matlab, Stata, SAS).
- Development experience using programming languages such as R, Python or Scala
- Experience working with very large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Familiarity with technologies such as Airflow, AWS Redshift, and/or BigQuery to build and optimize production data pipelines