Security Engineer - Application Security at Klarna
Who we are
Klarna is Europe's fastest growing and most exciting financial technologies (FinTech) company. Here at Klarna we are striving to become the world’s most favourite way to buy. It is a bold objective, but we are well on course to achieving it.
Klarna is already operating in 18 markets and we plan to keep expanding. We serve 60 million consumers, work with 70 000 merchants and process nearly 20$Bn in payments yearly. We have some pretty heavy-weight investors including Visa, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Anders Povlsen.
Unicorns are rare - and we are one of them! Unicorns are tech startups valued at over 1$Bn. Moreover, Klarna is listed 8th on CNBC most ‘disruptive companies in the world’ list for 2016, alongside Uber, AirBnB and coming above companies like Snapchat and Spotify - we are really starting to change the global world of payments.
Engineering is rapidly growing and the Application Security team is looking for a new teammate to join us in our quest to supply engineering teams with the capabilities to develop secure products. If your background is in software engineering and you want to lean into architecting you will get a lot of opportunities to work with engineering teams to provide input and hands-on code development to address the application security aspects when building online web services.
Your responsibilities will be in supplying engineering teams with capabilities in finding, preventing and fixing web application security bugs and flaws during product development by activities such as:
- Provide engineering teams hands-on resource addressing product security issues
- Provide engineering teams means to identify and quantify security flaws early in the product development process
- Provide tooling that supports engineering teams in writing secure code
- Provide training in secure development practices
Get in touch with us if...
- You’re working with software development and enjoy finding and fixing security bugs
- You are an effective communicator who engages well with your audience
- You’re pragmatic and likes to use metrics to prove value
- Working as a team is part of your DNA; we respect and support each other
It would be great if you have...
- Experience in providing practical solutions that enable development teams to meet business goals while controlling security risk
- Previous experience developing and delivering security software as a service or tool
- Experience in securing a micro-service architecture
At Klarna the pace is high and we need to quickly adapt to changes, some say it’s like working in the future when you compare us to other companies. Apply now if you want to join us in the journey to become the World’s favourite way to pay.
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look.Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
Interested in finding out more?
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English and let's arrange a chat.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business result. As an employee at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.