Product Designer - Design System at Klarna
Who we are
Klarna is Europe's fastest growing and most exciting financial technologies (FinTech) company valued at over $2.5bn and we’re growing by 40% a year. Here at Klarna we are striving to become the world’s most favourite way to buy. It is a bold objective, but we are well on course to achieving it.
Klarna is already operating in 18 markets and we plan to keep expanding. We serve 60 million consumers, work with 70 000 merchants and process more than a million transactions a day. We have some pretty heavy-weight investors including Visa, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Anders Povlsen.
Unicorns are rare - and we are one of them! Unicorns are tech startups valued at over 1$Bn. Moreover, Klarna is listed 8th on CNBC most ‘disruptive companies in the world’ list for 2016, alongside Uber, AirBnB and coming above companies like Snapchat and Spotify - we are really starting to change the global world of payments.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking to grow our Design System Designer teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for maintaining a growing, unified and high end design system.
What you will do
Klarna’s Design team is an ambitious international team where results and attention to detail are taken seriously. We aim to build the best products in the world and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing.
Your work will revolve around the continuous evolvement of Klarna’s Design Language, from exploring and reviewing ideas to building on top of an extensive component library and documenting design patterns.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to contribute and assist in taking our look, structure and consistency to the next level.
As a Design System Designer you will:
- Facilitate and evolve the look and feel of Klarna’s design language, its components and design patterns
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilise the design system
- Work closely with our Brand Design team and to build a consistent Brand and UI experience across the whole customer journey
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final compositions
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (2-3 years of experience)
- Experience designing high quality interfaces, design systems and experiences
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and project managers
- A strong eye for grids, visual patterns and pixel perfection
- Ability to produce visual mockups using Sketch or similar tools
- Familiarity with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer or Flinto
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Experience working with React and its components
- Passion for motion design and transitions
- Experience working in e-commerce
- The desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work
- Experience developing design libraries
How to apply
Send over a CV in English. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ana Borges. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business result. As an employee at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.