Who we are
Klarna is Europe's fastest growing and most exciting financial technologies (FinTech) company valued at over $2.5bn and we’re growing by 40% a year. Here at Klarna we are striving to become the world’s most favourite way to buy. It is a bold objective, but we are well on course to achieving it.
Klarna is already operating in 18 markets and we plan to keep expanding. We serve 60 million consumers, work with 70 000 merchants and process more than a million transactions a day. We have some pretty heavy-weight investors including Visa, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Anders Povlsen.
Unicorns are rare - and we are one of them! Unicorns are tech startups valued at over 1$Bn. Moreover, Klarna is listed 8th on CNBC most ‘disruptive companies in the world’ list for 2016, alongside Uber, AirBnB and coming above companies like Snapchat and Spotify - we are really starting to change the global world of payments.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Software Engineers to join our office in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden.
What you will do
We work in small highly collaborative Agile teams. You and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback and time to market. To do this we focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Some of the technologies you would be working with:
- React/React Native
Who you are:
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
You should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with API and product development
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Have successfully applied and are enthusiastic about Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
Aren’t you in Stockholm? We will help you! We offer relocation support if you need it.
How to apply
Send your CV in English.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all different backgrounds and experiences. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business result. As an employee at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.